LAS CRUCES, N.M. – The New Mexico State volleyball team takes its 26-match WAC win streak on the road for a pair of matches at California Baptist on Monday, Feb. 22, at 6 p.m. (MT) and Tuesday, Feb. 23, at 1 p.m.
Where to Watch
All of this week’s Aggie volleyball action can be streamed live on the WAC Digital Network.
NM State fans can keep up with all the WAC action with live stats by StatBroadcast.
• Heading into this weekend’s action, head coach Mike Jordan sits at 499 career wins.
• Nationally, the Aggies rank 12th with 14.81 kills per set, 13th nationally for hitting percentage (.296) and 8th nationally with 13.76 assists per set.
• Three Aggies rank in the WAC’s top-seven for hitting percentage. Lia Mosher checks in at fourth (.356), Katie Birtcil at sixth (.330) and Shaney Lipscomb (.328) at seventh.
• Outside hitter Savannah Davison ranks fourth in the league with 3.38 kills per set.
• The Aggies lead the WAC in hitting percentage (.296), opponent hitting percentage (.141), assists (13.76), kills (14.81) and blocks (2.62)
• Counting the WAC Tournament, NM State has won 30-straight matches against WAC opponents including a 26-match regular season winning streak.
Scouting the Lancers
California Baptist heads into this week’s matchup with a 4-3 overall record and a 3-3 record in WAC play after a pair of loses to Dixie State a week ago. Last season, the Lancers pushed the Aggies to the brink, taking a 2-0 lead in their second matchup of the season. However, NM State stormed back for the five-set win.
Senior outside hitter Calissa Hoye paces the Lancers offensive attack with 3.88 kills per set. AS a team, California Baptist is solid at the service line, averaging 1.46 service aces per set, good for third in the WAC.
Last Time Out
The Aggies ran their WAC win streak to 26 matches with a pair of victories against Grand Canyon on Feb. 15 and 16 at UTEP’s Memorial Gym.
On Feb. 15, the Aggies dropped the first set, 20-25, but bounced back for a 20-25, 25-20, 25-13, 25-20 win. Savannah Davison hit 15 kills while Shaney Lipscomb added 14 and five blocks. Lindsay Blakey recorded six blocks in the win.
The following day, the Aggies made short work of the Lopes with a 3-0 sweep. Davison dominated with 18 kills on .368 hitting while Lipscomb recorded six blocks and Blakey five.
For her efforts, Davison was named WAC Player of the Week.
The Aggies return to Memorial Gym in El Paso for a pair of matchups with Seattle U on Monday, March 1, at 3 p.m. (MT) and Tuesday, March 2, at 12 p.m. No fans will be admitted but both matches are set to stream live on the WAC Digital Network.
++NM State ++